Ben is currently providing support to the NZ Transport Agency as Acting Maintenance Contract Manager – Auckland Harbour Bridge. This role is quite broad and includes being the Agency’s representative on the Auckland Harbour Bridge Alliance as well as being the Agency lead on the proposed SkyPath project.
A lot of the work undertaken on the Auckland Harbour Bridge goes unseen by the general public. Some projects that are currently planned, or are underway, include:
- Regular coatings maintenance and renewal;
- Landscaping improvements to the Te Onewa Pa Reserve;
- Researching and trialling alternative surfacing systems for the Box Girder Extensions (Clip-ons);
- Numerous structural assessments and improvements; and
- Upgrade of the streetlights.