Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency was looking to boost the economic potential of the Te Tai Tokerau region by extending SH1 from the Johnstones Hill Tunnels to just north of Warkworth, providing easier freight movements, better access to major markets and export ports and improved journey times.
In November 2016, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency awarded a Public Private Partnership (PPP) contract to the Northern Express Group (NX2) to finance, design, construct, manage and maintain the Ara Tūhono–Puhoi to Walkworth Road of National Significance for 25 years.
From February, 2019, Resolve Group staff have:
- Managed the integration and delivery of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) by providing technical advice and expertise for the ITS construction, integration, testing and commissioning phases.
- Provided reviews of Contractor’s ITS and Utility designs, Test and Acceptance Master Plan (TAMP), and Operational procedures, legal surveys, surplus land and traffic management.
- Provided independent advice to Waka Kotahi on contractual matters as well as works requirements and standards.
- Prepared contract-related information (Change Notices and Change Requests as well as formal letters).
- Prepared the Concept of Operations.
- Oversaw management of the project’s Risk and Issues register and processes.
- Provided project management.
- Provided property site inspections.
- Conducted resource consent and planning.
- Coordinated and updated meetings, stakeholder engagement and presentations to the Local Board.