- The City Rail Link (CRL) completes a “missing link” in Auckland’s transport system and is the key project in Auckland Transport’s development of an integrated transport network to keep Auckland moving as the city grows by more than 700,000 people over the next 30 years
- Twin 3.4km long tunnels up to 42m below the city centre are proposed, linking Britomart to the existing rail line near Eden Terrace. The proposed route runs below city streets as much as possible to reduce effects on property owners and city heritage buildings during construction and operation
- The construction of two new city centre stations (Aotea and Karangahape Rd), and a redeveloped station at Mt Eden, will give easier access to more parts of the city centre and major employment areas and will also double the number of people living within 30 minutes train travel of a city station.
- Construction is forecast to commence in 2015/16, with opening currently forecast for 2023/24
- provided Procurement of Professional Services to support lodgement of Notices of Requirement and CBD Rail Link Study to determine the preferred location, including all technical assessments
- was involved in the procurement of the Principal’s Technical Advisor commission
- procured the Enabling Works package, completed market sounding and procurement strategy for remaining works. Staff seconded to support ongoing procurement of various packages