- Located between Ohakune and National Park, Makatote Viaduct is the 3rd highest railway viaduct in NZ
- Built in 1908 and a category 1 Historic Place located within National Park
- Foundation failure in Pier 7 of viaduct identified as highest structural risk on NZ Railway network
- Environmental challenges included construction in rare blue duck habitat and pristine trout spawning stream
- High risk project involved selection of corrosion protection system and full containment methodology
Resolve Group assisted KiwiRail in the procurement of this Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) project, prepared the tender documentation, undertook the tender management and were a member of the Evaluation team.