A Chartered Accountant with experience in the investment banking and health sectors, Linda has a strong financial and commercial grounding coupled with extensive on-the-job financial management, project management and technical regulatory reporting achievements.
Most recently, Linda worked for Odyssey House Trust where, as Financial Controller, her role was to plan and forecast financial and operational results, produce and present financial board reports, partner with operations to improve planning and performance outcomes, prepare annual P&L and capital budget reports, produce monthly financial results, variance and forecasts, produce and publish audited statutory financial statements, manage all modules of the ERP and liaise with the ERP provider for compliance and enhancements and manage client trust accounts.
While there, she led direct reports through a period of change including restructured business services, designed and produced online management reporting for operational staff, implemented a paperless AP invoice processing and approval process, streamlined revenue processing resulting in improved cashflow, implemented and managed financial and FTE reporting technology and processes to improve accountability, variance reporting, budgeting and forecasting and achieved savings of 350K per annum via supplier and procurement rationalisation.
Prior to this, Linda spent eight years with the Auckland District Health Board, the last four as Senior Management Accountant. During this time, she identified, developed and implemented process and reports providing improved decision-making tools in a challenging, changing environment; managed 30 large capital submissions annually, totalling $14M and produced 14-18 full business cases per year.
Key strengths include:
- Building and leading high performing teams to drive improvements in performance outcomes
- Highly effective problem-solving skills as both a strategic and pragmatic thinker
- The development of systems implementation processes and reporting for maximum efficiency
- An ability to work well in a team environment, forge successful external and internal relationships with stakeholders and people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds and interact with humor and empathy
- The capacity to work well under pressure and to deadlines and to adapt to shifting priorities